- Six issues per year: January/February, March/April, May/June, July/August, September/October, November/December.
- Circulation of 8,000 and growing: including playwrights, lyricists and composers, theater professionals, and colleges & universities.
- International distribution: all 50 states plus Canada, England, and 19 other countries.
- Each issue begins shipping 15 days ahead of the cover date.
- Available on stands at Drama Book Shop in New York, Trident Booksellers in Boston, and Samuel French Theatre and Film Bookshop in Los Angeles. More select bookstores coming soon!
* The Guild cannot vouch for the reliability of the information in these ads. Publication does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the Guild. *
Place your order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (212) 398-9366.
- Registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations receive 5% off any display ad. This discount may be combined with the frequency discounts below.
- 10% frequency discount available for series of three display ads in three consecutive issues.
- 20% frequency discount available for series of six display ads in six consecutive issues.
Premium Placement Rates
Want your ad in a specific location in the magazine? Premium placement is available. Please call or email to check availability: email@example.com or (212) 398-9366.
- 1x (single ad): add $50 to your order
- 3x (series of three consecutive ads): add $35 per ad to your order
- 6x (series of six consecutive ads): add $25 per ad to your order
- Current Guild members receive 10% off any single display ad. This discount may be combined with both frequency discounts.
- DIY Rate: Current Guild members receive 50% off any display ad to promote their self-produced show or self-published book, provided the book is a script, anthology of scripts, or about the business and/or craft of theatre writing. (This offer does not apply to non-members or institutions. No other discounts apply.) If you have a show that is not self-produced or a script/book that is not self-published, please connect the editor (email address below) with your producer, advertising agency, or publisher via email and he will contact them with our advertising information.
Advertisements of goods and services that are useful to dramatists are accepted on a first-come basis at a rate of $40 for 40 words or less and $0.75 for each additional word. We may edit advertisements for style or content. Ad must be paid in full prior once the text of the ad has been received. * The Guild cannot vouch for the reliability of the information in these ads. Publication does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the Guild. *
Sample Classified Ad:
SAVE 10% on all DPS Acting Editions. Dramatists Play Service, Inc., established by members of the Dramatists Guild in 1936 for the handling of acting rights of members’ plays, and the encouragement of the American theatre. Call 212-683-8960 with code DGDPS10 for 10% Guild discount and more information.
|ISSUE||DEADLINE FOR INSERTION ORDER||DEADLINE FOR AD COPY||DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT||SHIPPING DATE|
|Sept/Oct||June 15||July 1||Aug 30||Aug 15|
|Nov/Dec||Aug 15||September 1||Oct 30||Oct 15|
|Jan/Feb||Oct 15||November 1||Dec 30||Dec 15|
|Mar/Apr||Dec 15||January 1||Feb 28||Feb 15|
|May/June||Feb 15||March 1||Apr 30||Apr 15|
|July/Aug||Apr 15||May 1||June 30||June 15|
Those at the Member level are eligible for one free 40-word classified ad – for goods and services that are useful to dramatists – in The Dramatist every subscription year (Sept/Oct – July/Aug).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.