New Native Theatre
St Paul, MN
Based in the Twin Cities, New Native Theatre is a new way of looking at, thinking about, and staging Native American stories. Created in 2009 by playwright, Rhiana Yazzie, NNT produces, commissions, and devises authentic Native American stories for the stage which means NNT’s artists are intricately connected to the concerns and voices of their communities.
New Native Theatre’s mission is to create excellent Native American stories for the stage in five distinct ways:
1) Produce commissioned and existing plays by Native playwrights.
2) Produce community created plays around cultural and social justice topics.
3) Present the best of Native American and First Nations productions from around North America to encourage the appreciation of high level production values/expectations, and the cannon of Native theatre created around the continent.
4) Provide an array of theatre training to Native American community members.
5) Engage in collaborations with Native artists and Native organizations of varying artistic disciplines.
This functionality is part of suite of resources designed to help playwrights, composers, lyricists and librettists.
Only active members or subscribers of the Guild may use the Resource Directory.
Update or Submit a New Listing Use our submission form for to provide new listings or an update to a current one.
Not a Member? Join today and learn how membership in the only trade association for playwrights, composers, lyricists and librettists can serve your career.
Do you represent a Theatre? Become an Affiliate or Host Theatre.
Are you a Producer, Agent, Manager or Lawyer? Become a Business Subscriber.