The Dramatists Guild of America hosted a panel discussion on Thursday, December 5, 2019, preparing for the 2020 election and a discussion on theatrical responses to voter disenfranchisement in Native communities. This event was meant to highlight the tools of voter suppression in order to edify artists and activists in communities across the country.
- Muriel Borst Tarrant, Kuna/Rappahannock Nations, Playwright, Director, Human Rights Activist
- Jerome Joseph Gentes, Lakota/Gros Ventre, Playwright, Composer, Creative Director of Tiger Bear Productions
- Rhiana Yazzie, Navajo, Playwright & Founder of New Native Theater (moderator)
- Nick Tilsen, Oglala Lakota Nation, President & CEO of NDN Collective
- Dr. Vibrina Coronado, Lumbee Tribe, Consultant, Art Culture Works
For more information about the event or about the Dramatists Guild, contact Jenna Chrisphonte at the Dramatists Guild of America at (212) 398-9366 x20, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
RETURN TO THE PRESS ROOM