General registration is now open for DGI Spring 2023! New online classes begin March 6.
The Dramatists Guild Institute offers continuing online education for playwrights, composers, lyricists, librettists, theatre educators, and theatremakers. Our faculty of working professionals will help you discover new voices, new writing techniques, and generate new pages for the next draft of your play or musical.
Whether you're looking to develop a one-person show, hoping to adapt an existing work for the stage, or seeking fresh ways to tackle challenging topics, you'll find an online course at the DGI that helps you expand your talents and hone your craft.
Scroll down to view our list of courses for Spring 2023.
- Challenges of Dialogue with Matthew Paul Olmos
- Core Skills: Rewriting with Andrea Lepcio
- Building Complex Characters - Revealing Psychology Through Action with Victor Lesniewski
- Finish Your Adaptation: Intensive Workshop with Tim J. Lord
- How to Write a Full-Length Play: Craft, Creativity, and Process with Tammy Ryan
- Tackling Taboo and Moving Through with Winter Miller
- Singular Sensation: Writing the One-Person Show with Lucy Wang
Music/Musical Theatre Courses
- Architecture of Musicals with John Dietrich
- Crafting Libretto: The Art of Musical Theatre Book Writing with Daniel Lazour and Patrick Lazour
- Songaturgy: The Dramaturgy of a Song with Min Kahng
- Writing Plays with Music with Cheryl Coons
Discover New Voices and New Techniques
- Script Analysis for Theatre with Pandora Scooter
- Architecture of Plays: Focus on Trans Narratives with Azure Osborne-Lee
Take Control of Your Career
- The Artist as CEO with Tari Stratton
- Self-Production Boot Camp with Roland Tec