We understand that writing can feel like a solitary task from time to time...
...which may make finding the motivation to write difficult. To assist, the Dramatists Guild is offers online silent writing sessions available to members across the country to drop into at any time. These sessions will be hosted by our Regional Representatives, Ambassadors, and volunteer hosts all across the country.
How does it work?
1. Find a time slot that works for you and make the commitment to write for that period of time – sometimes simply making the commitment and setting aside the time to write is the most important step;
2. Anyone across the country can register for any time slot that they would like to - they are only organized by region to show who will be moderating during that period of time;
3. Complete registration for that time slot;
4. Prior to the event, you will be sent the Zoom meeting link to attend the silent writing slot of your choice;
Note: it is important not to login to the Zoom meeting outside of the scheduled meeting times, or you may disturb another meeting or regional event in progress;
5. When it’s time, click on the link to join the Zoom meeting;
6. The hosting Regional Representative, Ambassador, or volunteer host may choose to greet those in attendance briefly and set expectations for your time together;
7. You will be asked to mute your microphone;
8. You may leave your camera on for gentle accountability, or leave it off if that is more comfortable to you;
9. Once the session has initiated – that’s it! The remainder of the time is dedicated to writing silently in community with the others that have logged in with you at that time;
10. You are welcome to use the chat function to reach out to others in the session with you if you have any questions, though it is at the discretion of the other participants whether or not they choose to respond or take the silent time for themselves.
How may I attend?
Sign up by visiting our National Silent Writing Calendar.
May I volunteer to host a session?
Yes. If you would like to volunteer to host a Silent Writing session, please fill out our Volunteer Form.