Actors Fund: Affordable Housing for Seniors (NYC)
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
The Actors Fund
729 Seventh Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10019
This seminar, tailored for senior citizens, helps participants better understand the affordable housing landscape and get organized and prepared to take advantage of opportunities to apply. While much of the content is similar to the “Applying for Affordable Housing” seminar, which is intended for the general population, this seminar focuses on information that will be most relevant for older adults in NYC. The application process is explained in simple steps and help applicants avoid common mistakes. Information regarding income eligibility and documentation is discussed to address the specific needs of the performing arts and entertainment community. In addition to general information about affordable housing, information is also provided about The Actors Fund housing for performing arts professionals. The following questions will be addressed:
- How do you find and apply for affordable housing?
- What housing opportunities and resources are available to older adults in NYC?
- What are the eligibility requirements? (Income, household size, credit, housing history, etc.)
- How does a housing lottery work?
- Can you get on a waiting list?
- How can you best prepare yourself for an interview?
- What are your options if you are denied?
Contact Email: email@example.com