For over 100 years, the Dramatists Guild has been the national organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights and interests of composers, librettists, lyricists, and playwrights writing for the American theatre. Founded in 1919 by a small group of Broadway playwrights, the Guild has since grown into an internationally recognized organization with members around the world.
The Guild is now inviting theaters and other organizations to join with us in supporting the vital role and welfare of dramatists in the theatre. By becoming an Affiliate or Participating Subscriber with the Guild, you can help sustain your community of playwrights, while receiving valuable services and benefits.
Our most complete subscription—DG Affiliate Subscription—is available free to organizations that express support for artists within their own community by participating in the “Playwrights Welcome” initiative, offering their unsold seats to theater writers and by making space available at least twice a year for Guild-related events. Playwrights Welcome develops audiences and deepens the theater’s relationship with dramatists. Most importantly, Affiliates also agree to support the Dramatists Bill of Rights by making the DG’s “non-profit addendum” available to DG members who are having new works premiered on the theater’s main stage.
- Support the Dramatists Bill of Rights by making the DG’s “non-profit addendum” available to DG members who are having new works premiered on the theater’s main stage.
- Enroll your theatre in Playwrights Welcome.
- Provide space for two community events per calendar year. organized by Guild representatives.
In exchange for this active commitment to the community of dramatists, DG Affiliates receive the full complement of services and benefits available to our colleague theaters:
- DG Affiliates are specifically denoted in the DG’s Resource directory (in print and on our website) and their productions of work by DG members receive additional promotion through the DG’s own marketing efforts;
- A FREE Business Subscription (a $400 value – see below for all the details);
- FREE access to our online Resource Directory and Submissions Calendar;
- FREE access to the “Subscribers Only” section of our website, which includes free downloadable model contracts and articles;
- Priority access and discounted rates for all DG events nationwide (including DGI classes, workshops, and conferences); and
- Priority access to any special offers, initiatives, or other programs as they become available.