- Six issues per year: January/February, March/April, May/June, July/August, September/October, November/December.
- Circulation of over 10,000 and growing: including playwrights, lyricists and composers, theater professionals, and colleges & universities.
- International distribution: all 50 states plus Canada, England, and 19 other countries.
- Each issue begins shipping 15 days ahead of the cover date.
- The Guild cannot vouch for the reliability of the information in any print or online ad. Publication does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the Guild.
- Online Ads
Online advertising is in a trial phase as pricing will change in 2022. We do not offer non-profit or member discounts at this time.
Online ads are $500 for a two month posting period. We can only run the same ad design once a year.
We offer the following online ad placements.
Large Skyscraper 300px x 600px (Displays on over 20 Issue Archive Pages)
Mid-Page Billboard 970px x 250px (Displays on The Dramatist Magazine Home Page)
- Print: Artwork Requirements
- Please allow .125" (1/8") margin on all sides for trim
- All art should be scanned 300 dpi and saved as TIFF, EPS, or PDF
- Print: Display Ads
- All rates reflect net value and are guaranteed through April 30, 2023.
- Registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations receive 5% off any display ad. This discount may be combined with the frequency discounts below.
- 10% frequency discount available for a series of three display ads in three consecutive issues.
- 20% frequency discount available for a series of six display ads in six consecutive issues.
AD SIZE 1x 3x 6x
- 3-panel Gatefold
8.5" x 22" $2,200*
- Double-Page Spread
8.5" x 22" $1,500 $4,050 $7,200
- Back Cover
8.5" x 11" $1,140 $3,078 $5,472
- Inside Cover, front or back
8.5" x 11" $965 $2,605.50 $4,632
- Full Page
8.5" x 11" $765 $2,065.50 $3,672
- Half-page, horizontal
8.5" x5.5" $490 $1,323 $2,352
- Half-page, vertical
4.25" x 11" $490 $1,323 $2,352
- Third Page
2.25" x 11" $390 $1,053 $1,872
4.25" 5.5" $290 $783 $1,392
*Only nonprofit discounts apply. There are no discounts for frequency on this ad. Price is for center spread only. Add $50 for premium placement, inside front or back cover.
- Print: Premium Placement Rates
- Print: Member Discounts
- Current Guild members receive 10% off any single display ad. This discount may be combined with both frequency discounts.
- DIY Rate: Current Guild members receive 50% off any display ad to promote their self-produced show or self-published book, provided the book is a script, anthology of scripts, or about the business and/or craft of theatre writing. (This offer does not apply to non-members or institutions. No other discounts apply.) If you have a show that is not self-produced or a script/book that is not self-published, please connect the editor with your producer, advertising agency, or publisher he will contact them with our advertising information.
- Print: Classified Ads
Advertisements of goods and services that are useful to dramatists are accepted on a first-come basis at a rate of $40 for 40 words or fewer and $0.75 for each additional word. We may edit advertisements for style or content. Ad must be paid in full prior to publication. The Guild cannot vouch for the reliability of the information in these ads. Publication does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the Guild.
Sample Classified Ad:
PROFESSIONAL MUSIC NOTATION/ARRANGEMENTS. Lead sheets, piano/vocals, orchestra scores, etc., transcribed, edited, meticulously prepared to order. State-of-the-art, publishing-quality printouts. Arranging and producing for demos, readings, and productions. New York’s finest. Ipsilon Music Services. (646) 265-5666. www.ipsilonmusic.com
Use this form to place Classified Ads.
- Print Deadlines
ISSUE DEADLINE FOR INSERTION ORDER DEADLINE FOR AD COPY/CAMERA-READY ART DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT SHIPPING DATE Sept/Oct July 1 July 15 July 30 Aug 15 Nov/Dec Sept 1 Sept 15 Sept 30 Oct 15 Jan/Feb Nov 1 Nov 15 Nov 30 Dec 15 Mar/Apr Jan 1 Jan 15 Jan 28 Feb 15 May/June Mar 1 Mar 15 Mar 30 Apr 15 July/Aug May 1 May 15 May 30 June 15
- Six issues per year: January, March, May, July, September, November.
- Circulation of 9,000 and growing: including professional playwrights, lyricists, composers, and librettists; other theatre professionals, libraries and MFA playwriting programs at colleges and universities throughout the US.
- International distribution: all 50 states plus Canada, England and 19 other countries.
- Each issue begins shipping on the 15th of the previous month.
- Each issue is archived as both a PDF and in web form on The Dramatist Online behind the paywall of the Guild's website.
- Available on stands of Drama Book Shop in NYC, and Samuel French Bookshop in the Royal Court in London. More select bookstores coming soon.
Those at the Member level are eligible for one free 40-word classified ad – for goods and services that are useful to dramatists – in The Dramatist every subscription year (Sept/Oct – July/Aug).
Dramatists Guild Resource Directory
Please contact us for more information.
The print edition of the Dramatists Guild Resource Directory is on pause at this time.